1.20.2009

ROOMIE SEZ: Happy Inauguration Day!

No matter where you are I'm sure you felt the energy in the air today. I myself braved the cold and the masses to join the buzz in Times Square and watch our 44th President Barack Obama get sworn in.

While this is the third election I was able to participate in, it's the first time I've gotten to see my choice take the presidential oath. With that, the two previous times I still watched the inauguration with hope that things would get better despite any personal feelings. However, this time I was filled with faith and confidence that good lies a head. Simply put, I'm inspired.

As Obama said in his first speech as president, "Today I say to you that the challenges we face are real. They are serious and they are many. They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this, America -- they will be met."
Yes we can!
I took several photos and videos of my Inauguration Day experience in the heart of NYC so be sure to check back later. Also to come, Carly and I celebrated the election with apple pie – now the extravaganza continues and in true roomie fashion we will celebrate tonight with another Americana meal. So stay tuned to hear from the Chef herself.

No comments: