9.08.2008

Weeks # 2 & # 3 recap

So I had an interesting weekend that consisted of a boy from Denmark, Heather at Fashion Week and myself in Connecticut with the cutest 3 and now 5-year old kids ever! I'm only going off of about 4 hours of sleep but will try and summarize the highlights of the past couple of weeks! Once I get some coffee and a bit of Zzzs tonight...you'll get the inside scoop!

Weeks 2 & 3
  • Saw Stephen King walking with the shirt, "Be Nice to Me or I'll Put You in My Book"
  • Saw America's Next Top Model that should've never won, Whitney
  • I angered a married man from Canada when I wouldn't comply with his idea of "open marriage"...all while hanging out at The Hog Pit in the Meat-Packing District
  • Stopped by the Today Show to watch the New Kids and Ne-Yo...on my way to work of course
  • Paid a sickening amount for dry cleaning that I didn't even know could be charged for dry cleaning
  • Ate pizza in Central Park while the city did sound tests for the NFL pregame show with Usher, Keith Urban, Natasha Bedingfield and more (Columbus Circle)
  • Got Dave Matthews tickets (at the Garden!) and realized the show is not only to raise money for cancer research...but lung cancer research (my former boss is currently dealing with lung cancer)
  • Chose Boston as my stomping grounds for my first 5k (I know people...it's not a lot, but for me...it may as well be a marathon!)
  • Ate a lot of good food and discovered the bliss of Peanut Butter Cup Perfect in a quart
  • Joined a gym and have yet to visit
  • Beat my walk from 80th to Grand Central Station (walking by the UN on my way) by walking from 80th to Soho (that's a long walk folks)
  • Fell in love with the Grand Central Station market
  • Met a boy from Denmark that stole my heart who loved Dumb and Dumber
  • Spent a sickening amount of money on only 4 drinks at Sutton Place while Heather and I were hit on a young Joe Simpson
  • Ate the most amazing cheese fries on my life in Alphabet City
  • Kentucky beat Louisville, but the Bengals couldn't even beat a drum
  • Tom Brady is more than likely out for the season (and therefore will not be playing this week's Jet's home game which I was so hoping he would!)
  • Attended my niece's birthday party in Connecticut and hung out with the family...fell in love with my nephew Nicolas (Age 3) who melted my heart when he asked me, "Aunt Carly...what do you want to be when you grow up?" <---picture that in the cutest voice possible!
  • Roomie hung out at Fashion Week with many stars of Bravo...and will be there for a few more days...my roomie is saucy

Think that wraps that up. Looking forward to Wednesday and possibly a little 9/11 tribute on Thursday...game on Sunday....

1 comment:

Yan said...

...you know there are tons of road races all over NYC.

Have a good time at the concert.