11.23.2008

She's an insomniac, insomniac

Seriously...there is a chance I have issues. It's another Sunday with me wide awake at 5:30 am, and absolutely no reason to be up at 5:30 am. Why can't I ever feel this awake on a weekday so I would go to the gym before work and then be set for the day?

So I sit here, listening to Dave on my headphones so I don't wake Roomie, contemplating why I'm awake. I have a weird habit of waking up super early the day after I've been drinking. Yes, this is quite the opposite of the rest of the world who usually sleep in with hangovers after such a night. I am also pretty sure that half of New York is either sleeping or just getting in from Saturday night. There's also a good chance that a small portion of the latter group may be eating pancakes and hashbrowns at some random diner before ending their nights officially.

But not me. Roomie and I decided to stay in since it's bitter cold and we're broke. This decision led to artichoke lasagna and wine. Lots of wine.

So the Macy's parade is in less than a week, and I am e-x-c-i-t-e-d. Growing up, I watched it every year religiously. The best part is that my mom would make cinnamon rolls Thanksgiving morning while we watched the parade and by we I mean whoever walked in and out throughout the duration of the parade viewing party hosted by myself in the living room which was usually fasha. I also figured out that the cinnamon rolls, although a nice pairing with the antics of Macy's balloons, were actually a diversion tactic. You see, the rolls weren't meant to provide added entertainment and goodness to the joy that is the Snoopy float, even though they did just that. No, they were meant to keep five children out of the kitchen while the parentals cooked a family feast that was truly meant to be thankful for.

FYI - Dave just whispered something in my ear while I was writing here, and I thought I should share: "Don’t lose the dreams inside your head, they’ll only be there til you’re dead." That made me stop writing and fall into Dave land and now I have to share another line "But everyday should be a good day to die." Oh that Dave...inspiring me at 5:45 in the morning...but that's just what he does. And for that, I am thankful. *Lyrics from "You Never Know" from Busted Stuff. <--Get to know it.

Did you know Roseanne is on Nick at Night at 5:45 in the morning? Neither did I, but can assure you that it is.

Let's see...what else can I ramble on about so that I don't feel like such a lame loser for being awake right now...oh yes Macy's parade! I was in fact trying to make a point before Dave whisked me away.
So the building where Roomie and I work is having a viewing of the parade. It's right on Broadway, so we get to be inside and warm while watching Woodstock float by. I can NOT wait! I am going to make cinnamon rolls for Roomie and myself, I think it'll be a nice nostalgic touch while also being very tasty.
Well...I am going to surf the net now. This could be considered my Christmas shopping. I think insomnia is starting to grow on me....

1 comment:

Heather said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I think my bedroom is poisoning me.

Besides that, we are such nice roommates...you quietly typing away at 5:30 a.m. while I Zzzz and now me doing the same at 12:30p.m. so you can catch up on Zzzz. Look at us. Polite.

Regardless, I too can't wait for the parade and now cinnamon rolls. Yay Thanksgiving in NYC! 4 days and counting.