8.25.2008

Week #1 Recap

HOT: Running into John Legend at a NY Jets game

NOT: Being stood up by Eli Manning at a NY Jets game

WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT: Lipstick Jungle would film as I walk to work on Monday morning

It's officially been one week since I moved to the Apple and so much has happened. See below for a brief recap:

  • Drove 14 hours to NYC, resulting in "Crush" on the radio while we crossed into New York and a graffiti throwdown
  • Was stopped multiple times for my Bengals gear...resulting in meeting the owners of a cool bar (East End), country power-hour and staying up until 3:00 am the night before my first day of work
  • Saw a man who had "relieved" himself outside my work building on my first day of work
  • Michael Phelps.
  • Hung at the East End, heard about the death of LeRoi Moore, convinced Schmitty (the Irish bartendar of course) to play a melody of DMB in his honor
  • Was told my hat was cool but would fall apart in two days at the rooftop bar of Sutton Place
  • Worked my first Jets game in which they won
  • Finally saw The Dakota and Lennon memorial in Strawberry Fields while a Beatles tribute band played awesome tunes
  • Saw the prepping for a shoot for TV sitcom, Lipstick Jungle, on the way to work this morning

No comments: